Sunday 27 May 2012

How do I start?

I have worked in childcare for many years (well only 9) and I have ideas which I think would change the way childcare is done in the UK.  In my efforts to run childcare for the whole of East Anglia I have tried to?
  • Set up in a school (they didn't want anything 'that' big)
  • Covert a barn (not enough money)
  • Buy a chapel (not enough outside space)
  • Rent a chapel (the board decided to sell it)
  • Set up in a council house on an estate needing childcare (the council laughed)
  • Set up in a school again (actually they didn't want me) 
So when the council advertised a 'tender' to open a preschool I jumped at the chance.

But where do I start?  I have been writing business plans and cashflow forecasts for days; I know what I think I want but is it what other parents want?

The things that are important to me are:

  • Open spaces & outdoor play
  • Low employee turnover and a team with a mix of mature and younger
  • Learning though play with individual planning, safe risk taking and little or no forward planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment